Envy 5530 Airprint setup Before, you begin to use AirPrint, make sure that your HP print is compatible with AirPrint option.AirPrint is a mobile printing solution that is supremely used in Apple devices such as the iPod, iPhone and Mac that is equipped with Apple iOS v4.2 and later mobile operating systems. Your print any document from any Apple device over a working wireless network connected to your HP printer. HP printers that are released in 2010 and after support AirPrint.
- An Apple device with iOS v4.2 or later operating system
- An HP printer with AirPrint enabled in it.
- Your HP printer and the Apple device must be connected the same wireless network or ensure that your printer supports HP wireless director or Wi-Fi direct.
- If the printer is not connected to a Wi-Fi network, then begin the process of setting up the wireless connection.
- Load paper on the input tray and ensure that the paper matches the paper settings printer and the document that you are going to print.
How to print from your Apple iOS device?
- Ensure that your printer is switched on. In case the printer is in sleep mode, switch it on or press the Power button to relieve it from the Sleep Mode.
- On your Apple device, open the document, email, webpage or photo, you would like to print. Now, tap on the Action icon to display several menu options.
- Depending on the type of file you wish to print, touch Print or the Print icon.
- Go to the Printer Options menu and then select the printer’s name in which you want the document to be printed.
- A new dialog box opens and you can click on Options to change the print settings according to your need. (NOTE: Few options such as paper size may not be adjusted on your Apple device. If you still want to adjust, you have the liberty to change it from the printer.)
- Also, the Options menu might not be visible if your printer uses only black ink.
- Tap on the Plus (+) or Minus (-) sign to increase or decrease the number of copies you would want to print.
- Once you specify the number of documents, tap on Print to begin the print job.
Apple applications through which you can print with AirPrint:
- Gallery or Photos
- Third-part applications such as Ever note
How to cancel the print job?If you do not want to continue printing, you can cancel the print job. There are two different ways to cancel the print job with AirPrint application.
- Using the printer’s control panel and
- From the Apple device you are using
How to cancel the print job using printer’s control panel?
On the printer’s home screen, a user can see the Cancel (X) button. Tap on it to cancel the print job immediately.