HP Envy 5540 Windows setup Before you can unbox the entire printer package, it’s always safer to check if all the components are included in it. If you can see all the required components then grab the printer device out of the box.
Step 1: Preparing for installation
Before you set up your printer on your wireless network, make sure you have the following items ready.
- Gather the below mentioned items.
- Network name or SSID
- Network password
- A working computer connected to your wireless network
- Internet access
- Check whether your router and computer are switched on. Your computer should be connected to the same network to which your printer would be connected.
- Disconnect the Ethernet or USB cable, if necessary.
Step 2: Connect the printer to a wireless network
- On the printer’s control panel, push the Wireless button followed by the Settings option.
- Now, scroll through the options to select Wireless Setup Wizard. Select OK.
- Follow the on screen prompts to setup the connection.
- Insert the software CD that came with the printer in the computer/laptop.
- Now, follow the instructions displayed on screen to complete the installation process.
How to connect a new printer?
- Perform one of the following tasks based the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Right click on any empty area on your Start screen.Navigate to the app bar to click on All Apps. Now, you need to click and open the folder that has your printer’s name.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start — >All Programs- – > HP – >HP Envy 5540
- Choose Printer Setup & Software.
- From the list of options available, tap on Connect a new printer.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to connect a new printer.
Step 3: Download and install the driver
- Download the driver from hp.com/envy5540
- Turn ON the HP ENVY 5540 PRINTER Printer.
- If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Go to HP Envy 5540 Driver and click 123.hp.com/envy5540 Check now. This will identify any out-of-date or missing drivers and software automatically (or) you can Click→Go to download the driver
- If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.
- Click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or Click→Basic Drivers for other driver options.