After connecting your printer to the wireless network, follow the steps below to start the printer driver installation. Have your USB cable handy and connect it when prompted during the installation.
Setup and driver installation:
- The software for HP 4655 Printer Driver is available at 123.hp.com/oj4655
- Enter your printer 4655 on the search tab displayed and click Begin
- Click Download.
- After the download has completed, double click on the driver file downloaded and start the installation.
- Follow the on screen instructions and complete the process.
- Now return to 123.hp.com/oj4655 on your browser to complete your printer registration and activation.
With this mode of wireless connection, we don’t have to use network SSID or password. It connects automatically.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS.
- Computer with dynamic IP address.
- 11b/g/n wireless router over a 2.4GHz connection.
Install printer software:
- Download the software HP website.
- The software you download must be compatible to both the printer and the computer OS you’re using.
- Next you have to select the network type.
- Click, Yes, send my wireless settings to my printer.
- Begin installing.
- Select ’auto wireless connect’ and rest of it will be taken care by itself.
- During establishing the connection, your printer will not be connected to the internet.
- Connect your HP Officejet 4655 mac or Mac book Pro and hp 4655 printer to the same wireless (Wi-Fi) network.
- Make note of your wireless network name SSID (Service Set Identifier) and password WEP key or WPA security.
- Switch ON your Wi-Fi router,hp officejet 4655 printer, and computer or laptop.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable from the hp 4655 printer.
- Press and hold the Wireless icon in the printer’s control panel.
- Go to Wireless Setup Wizard in the setting tab and press OK.
- A list of available Wi-Fi networks will be displayed by the wizard.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list and press OK.
- If the name of your wireless network is not listed then, enter your username SSID and password WEP key or WPA that you have noted in the initial step.
- After the above step, 123 hp setup 4655 printer will get connected to your wireless network.
- Open your browser and search 123.hp.com in the search bar and type your printer model number.
- Select your printer from the suggested hp setup 4655 model and click
- A new page will open in that, click
- Full featured HP officejet 4655 mac driver will be downloaded to your Mac.
- After downloading is complete, double click on it (file name ends as .dmg).
- Click HP inkjet SW OSX file on the installer page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- HP Utility setup window will open.