- A wireless 802.11/b/g/n network which includes WPS enabled access pointor router.
- A computer or laptop with wireless network connection or NIC (networkinterface card).
- Your computer or laptop should be connected to the wireless network inwhich the printer is connected.
PUSH BUTTON METHOD (PBS)
- Press and hold the Wireless button on the print for a couple of seconds tostart the WPS button. Now, the wireless light starts blinking.
- Now, press the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on your router.
- The printer will take a couple of minutes to establish the wirelessconnection.
- On the control panel, press the Wireless button to view the men.
- If you see the printer in error state, or performing a task , wait until theprinter finishes the task and then press the Wireless button.
- From the printer’s control panel display screen, choose Settings.
- Now, touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup from the list of options available.
- If you have a Push button on the wireless router, then click Push Button andthen follow the instructions.
- If not, choose PIN and then follow the prompts displayed on-screen.
How to connect a new printer?
- Perform one of the following based on the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – > All Apps – – > Folder with printername.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > AllPrograms – – > HP – – >Printer folder – – > Printer name.
- Choose Printer Setup and Software.
- From the list of options, select Connect a new printer and follow theinstructions displayed on the screen.
How to change network settings?
- Press the Wireless icon on the printer’s home screen.
- Select Settings followed by Advanced Settings.
- Make the changes you want on the Advanced Settings menu.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to change the settings.
How to connect wirelessly to the printer without a router?
- Switch on the wireless direct from the printer’s control panel.
- Touch the Wireless Direct icon from the printer’s home screen.
- If the Wireless Direct setting is Off, choose Settings.
- Go to Wireless Direct again, select ON (No Security) or ON (WithSecurity).
- If the Wireless Direct is switched on, then locate the wireless direct andpassword.
- Click on the wireless direct icon on the printer’s home screen.
- Select Display Name to display the wireless direct name.
- Choose Display Password to display the password.
- Switch on the wireless connection from your computer or mobile device.
- Search for the printer you want and then connect it to the wireless directname.
- When asked, enter the Wireless Direct password.
- Try printing a document or photo from the mobile or computer.