Before you begin printing or scanning to your HP OJ 6700 printer from a computer through a network, you should make sure that you first connect the printer to the network and install software on the computer. From the below mentioned instructions, you can easily figure out the process of setting up your printer on a wireless network.
Setting up the printer or a wireless network with Windows:
You can set up your wireless-capable printer on a working wireless network or a computer which has Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.
NOTE: You should be using the latest version of Windows 8 operating system. You can access the latest version from the Microsoft store.
Step 1: Prepare for installation
Before you begin the process of setting up a printer on your wireless network, gather the network username and password. Ensure that the router, printer, and computer are switched on.
- Gather the following items needed for setting up.
- Network Name:
- Security pass phrase
- A computer that is connected to a working wireless network
- Access to the internet (Broadband is advisable to use)
- Wireless capable OJ 6700 printer
- A USB cable
- Ensure that your printer, router and computer are switched on and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want the HP OJ 6700 printer to.
- Disconnect any USB cable that is connected to the HP OJ 6700 printer.
- In case you had previously installed the software or a USB connection and want to change to a wireless connection, then follow the instructions to remove the USB installation.
- From the list of installed software programs, open or search for the HP folder in your list. Click the folder of the printer and then choose the name of your printer. Now, H Printer Assistant software dialog box opens.
- Tap on Utilities and then select Print Setup & Software Selection.
- Select Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer (this phrase differs based on the version of software you are using in your computer).
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete installing the software.
Step 3: Connect to the wireless network
To set up your HP OJ 6700 printer on your wireless network, make use of the printer’s built-in Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Switch on the printer if it’s not switched on.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel. Now, the Wireless screen displays.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard and then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the HP OJ 6700 printer to the wireless network.
Step 3: Download and install the printer software
To know and download the latest updates, HP recommends installing the latest version of your printer’s full feature software from the HP website.
- Switch on the printer.
- Disconnect the cable from the printer, if it is connected to the computer with a USB cable
- Navigate to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads.
- When prompted, choose a method to identify your printer model and follow the instructions.
- Select Download next to the full feature driver.