Step 1: Connect your smartphone to the wireless network
- On your device, select Network or Wireless menu.
- Tap on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- When asked, enter the SSID (network name) and WEP key (password).
- Your printer will be connected to the wireless network shortly.
- Now, print a test report to check if everything is fine with the printer.
Step 2: Connect the printer and the smartphone
- Download HP print service from the Google Play store.
- Select the item to be printed.
- From the menu, choose print option to start printing.
- Before you start printing, make the required changes to the settings.
- Click Add Printer and choose your HP printer from Use or Print using menu drop down list.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the setup.
How to print from iPhone ?
We had earlier spoke about printing through the AirPrint software. Users can print photos, documents, emails or any web pages from their iPhone with any built-in software solution for iOS devices.
- Before starting the print job, ensure that the wireless icon is switched on and your 123 HP OJ8040 is connected to a wireless connection network.
- Open the Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone and check whether you are connected to the same wireless network connection as that of your printer.
- It is to be noted that AiPrint does not have the capability to support public wireless networks like cellular data connections (3G or 4G), Bluetooth and hotspots.
- Go to the App store and download any one of the compatible printing app on your iPhone. Now, open the app.
- Click on the app’s share button and find the print icon.
- Come to the home screen and then open the document, photo, email or webpage you would wish to print and then choose the Share icon.(Otherwise, you click on Menu and then touch the Print option.)
- After selecting the particular file, tap on Print option.
- You will be navigated to the Printer Options menu where you will have tos elect a printer.
- Select the printer you want to use.
- Change any print settings, specify the number of copies to be printed and then tap on Print option to get the print job done.
When the printer completes the process of printing, the documents or photos can be viewed by double clicking on the Home button of your iPhone. Go to the Print Center and choose the document which was printed recently.
How to cancel the print job?
In case you want to stop the printing process, you can do it in a jiffy using your i Phone.
- Press the Home button of your iPhone twice.
- The apps that are open and working will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, choose Print Center and tap on it.
- Once, the Print Center app opens, touch Cancel Printing option to stop the print job.