With the use of HP wireless direct, users can print wirelessly from a smart phone,tablet, computer or other wireless-enabled devices – without even connecting to anexisting wireless network.
You can manage the wireless connection to your printer by using the WirelessSetup Wizard.
- Press the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Click the button that is next to the print settings.
- Click OK by scrolling the Wireless Setup Wizard. Now, the wizard searchesthe list of available networks.
- Check if the name of your network is available. If not, users can enter thenetwork manually.
- Scroll to Enter New Network Name and then click OK.
- Enter the name and then press OK.
- When asked, mention the WEP or WPA key.
- Click OK to confirm. Now, the printer attempts to connect to the network.
How to change network settings?
- Press the Wireless icon on the printer’s home screen.
- Select Settings followed by Advanced Settings.
- Make the changes you want on the Advanced Settings menu.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to change the settings.
How to connect wirelessly to the printer without a router?
- Switch on the wireless direct from the printer’s control panel.
- Touch the Wireless Direct icon from the printer’s home screen.
- If the Wireless Direct setting is Off, choose Settings.
- Go to Wireless Direct again, select ON (No Security) or ON (WithSecurity).
- If the Wireless Direct is switched on, then locate the wireless direct andpassword.
- Click on the wireless direct icon on the printer’s home screen.
- Select Display Name to display the wireless direct name.
- Choose Display Password to display the password.
- Switch on the wireless connection from your computer or mobile device.
- Search for the printer you want and then connect it to the wireless directname.
- When asked, enter the Wireless Direct password.
- Try printing a document or photo from the mobile or computer.
How to change from a USB connection to a wireless network?
- Perform one of the following based on the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – >All Apps – – > Folder with printername.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > AllPrograms – – > HP – – > Printer folder – – > Printer name.
- Choose Printer Setup & Software.
- Tap on Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.