How to change from an Ethernet connection to a wireless connection(Windows)?
- Unplug the Ethernet cable connected to your HP OJ 8100 printer.
- Once the installation is complete, open the software.
- Windows 8 and 8.1 users should click on Utilities.
- Choose Printer Setup and Software.
- From the list of options available, select Reconfigure wireless settings.
How to change from an Ethernet connection to a wireless connection (OS X)?
- Connect your HP printer to the wireless network.
- Go to the Applications/Hewlett Packard/ Device Utilities folder and change the connection to wireless using the HP Setup Assistant option.
How to change from a USB connection to a wireless network (Windows)?
- Based on the operating system you use, perform any one of the following.
- Windows 8.1: On the left hand corner of the Start screen, click the down arrow, choose the printer name and then select Utilities.
- Windows 8: On your desktop screen, right-click on an empty area.Choose All Apps option from the App bar, select the printer name andthen tap on Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > AllPrograms – – > HP – – >printer folder name.
- Choose Printer Setup & Software.
- Touch Convert a USB connected printer to a wireless network and followthe on-screen messages.
How to change from a USB connection to a wireless network (OS X)?
- Switch on the wireless network and then connect your network to it.
- Open the Applications/Hewlett-Packard/Device Utilities folder and thenmake use of HP Setup Assistant to change the connection from USB towireless.
How to change from a wireless connection to a USB or Ethernet connection(Windows)?Changing the connection type from wireless to USB or Ethernet is fairly easy.Users will have to connect the USB or Ethernet cable to their printer to enable theconnection.
How to change from a wireless connection to a USB or Ethernet connection(OS X)?
- Firstly, add your HP printer to the print queue.
- Now, click and open System Preferences.
- Based on the operating system you use, go to the Hardware section and thenselect Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Tap on the plus (+) icon that appears below the list of printers at the lefthand corner.
- From the list of printers available, select the one you want and then clickAdd.
TEST THE WIRELESS CONNECTIONTo know information about your HP printer’s wireless connection, print thewireless network test report which will provide information on MAC address, Ipaddress and printer statues
How to print the wireless network test report?
To print the wireless network test report, press the Information and Wireless buttontogether.